In the mid 1950's a group of individuals felt that the area had grown enough to support a PC(USA) Presbyterian Church. After seeking leadership from the Presbytery of East Tennessee the congregation was formed. The congregation met at Eaton Elementary School (now the National Guard Armory) until acquiring a desirable lot on Martel Road and building a sanctuary.
In 1988 the church felt the need to grow further and built a large addition dedicated to the Rev. and Mrs. Buchanan, beloved leaders of the church. This new space contained offices, church school classrooms, a fellowship hall and a remodeled kitchen.
The sanctuary was renovated in 1994 and again in 2011. In 2009 we acquired several acres adjacent to the church building. That land was immediately used for a parking lot and later to establish a community garden, open to all (not just members).
We are open to all who wish to join us in worship and fellowship. We are a small church that offers a warm and friendly setting for worship and service to God.